Gifts that pay you income
Charitable gift annuities mean you transfer cash or securities to UHCCF and the Foundation then pays you, or up to two annuitants you name, a lifetime annuity. The principal passes to the Foundation when the contract ends. Charitable gift annuities are a good way to provide support to children and families if you:
- Want to receive fixed payments for life that will not fluctuate.
- Have assets that would be advantageous to give away during your lifetime, such as cash or funds earning low interest rates, or appreciated securities.
- Want to reduce your current income taxes with an income tax charitable deduction.
Charitable remainder trusts allow you to irrevocably transfer assets, and you and/or your beneficiaries receive payments from the trust for life (or another time period of your choice). The remainder of the trust would then go to UHCCF. A charitable remainder trust gives you:
- Potential for a partial charitable income tax deduction
- Potential for increased income
- Up-front capital gains tax avoidance