Gifts that make an impact now and after your lifetime
Retirement plans are simple and tax-efficient ways to include UHCCF in your estate plan. You can name UHCCF as a beneficiary on your plan’s beneficiary designation form. Because charities do not pay income taxes on the donations they receive, distributions to charities will avoid being taxed as income.
Wills and living trusts are meaningful ways to help. By including a specific item or amount of money or a gift contingent on events to UHCCF in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue to help families and their children for years to come.
Life insurance policy that you no longer need because of a change in your life circumstances can be set up to benefit UHCCF in two simple ways:
- You can irrevocably designate UHCCF as the owner and beneficiary of your life insurance policy, and you may be entitled to a generous charitable income tax deduction.
- You can name UHCCF as a/the irrevocable beneficiary of your life insurance policy but retain ownership of the policy itself.
Donor advised funds are when you transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization. You can then recommend – but not direct – how much and how often money is granted to UHCCF or other charities, sometimes with a simple web account. And you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation. Advantages include:
- You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account
- You centralize your giving and record-keeping in one location, and you have the power to make recommendations on which charities to support whenever you want.
- Best of all, you start a legacy of giving and can encourage your children to help decide which grants to recommend.
Leave a gift to UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation later
If you would prefer that your fund be distributed to UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation after your lifetime, simply name UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation as the successor beneficiary, or designate UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation to receive a portion of the funds remaining and leave the balance to your children or other loved ones.
If you wish to include UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and Tax ID.
Legal Name: UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
Address: MN 017-W400
PO Box 41
Minneapolis, MN 55440-0041
Federal Tax ID Number: 52-2177891