Grant Eligibility Requirements
Is My Child Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a grant:
Child must be 16 years of age or younger at the time of application.
Child must have a Social Security Number issued by the Social Security Administration. TIN numbers are not accepted.
Family must not exceed maximum eligible family income as documented on IRS Tax Form 1040.
- $55,000 or less for a family of 2
- $85,000 or less for a family of 3
- $115,000 or less for a family of 4
- $145,000 or less for a family of 5 or more
Primary coverage for the child must be by a commercial health plan, either through an employer or individually purchased. Secondary insurance through Medicaid or CHIP is permissible.
Child is under the care of a licensed medical professional and family is applying for treatments/equipment/services prescribed by a Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) or Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) for hearing conditions.
Are My Child’s Medical Expenses Eligible?
- Medical Services, Treatments and/or Therapies MUST be administered by a licensed medical professional.
- Services or Treatments MUST be provided no more than 60 days prior to the date of your complete application. Don’t wait, apply right away! Grants are available for medical costs incurred within 60 days from the time UHCCF determines the application to be complete. It will then be good for one year following the month in which it is approved.
- Medical Services and/or Purchased Equipment MUST be administered or purchased in the United States (excludes U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and other United States Territories)
Please review the list of medical items/services exclusions. Applications that include one of these items will NOT be eligible for funding.