Terms of the Grant Award
- Grant awards are retroactive to sixty days prior to the date of application and have an expiration date of approximately one year, unless the funds are exhausted prior to the expiration date. The grant will NOT cover any medical costs outside this date range.
- The amount awarded to an individual within a 12-month period is limited to up to $5,000. Awards to any one individual are limited to a lifetime maximum of $10,000.
- Grant recipients who are awarded less than $5,000 may re-apply for another grant once the current grant funds have been completely exhausted.
- The health care professional is to be paid directly; exceptions can be made to reimburse the family if adequate documentation is submitted showing the health care professional has been paid.
- Applicants who are not approved by the Regional Board must wait a period of twelve months before re-applying, unless the medical condition and requested items have significantly changed from the original request.
- UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation requires continuous commercial health insurance coverage for the entire duration of the application, approval and grant process. Loss of commercial health insurance coverage will result in closure of the grant and any remaining grant funds will revert to UHCCF.